Thursday, January 29, 2009

TSB - Yeah, I still do that

The Silent Ballet is a great gig, and with writing a review every two weeks it allows my writing to get a lot better. It is music criticism perhaps, but I've improved my approach and recently have gotten more creative with how to describe music. My most recent reviews reflect this, if you're into reading them. The Klaus Nomi review was voted "review of the week" on the site:

Angel - Hedonism - Noise
Klaus Nomi - Za Bakdaz - space kabuki countertenor
Breasts - Breasts - acid psych-lounge
Amateur Takes Control - You, Me and All the Things Unsaid - generic post rock

Comatone & Foley - Trigger Happy - Awesome electronic debut
Bohren & der Club of Gore - Dolores - Album of the year
Fjordne - Stories Apart From The World - top ambienttronic artist
Skeletonbreath - Louise - dark folkiness

Growing - All The Way - not great (which is fun to write about)

No comments: