Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Loscil live

What a treat to see Scott Morgan come out and play a set on Record Store Day. Loscil rarely does live gigs and prefers to keep a low profile. His whole family was there, which was great, as I brought Everest along, and he was actually really interested in the sound coming out of the PA speakers high above his head. He would point and say, "Dah." I said, "Soundwaves." Or, "Mixing Board." He then demanded to get into the expensive LPs. The people at Redcat Records left LPs everywhere, like they were going out of style! At least they were lined up in rows, looking somewhat organized. A few people paid money for them! I caught a glimpse at the round, black saucers contained in the paper sleeves. Curious, I purchased a copy of Endless Falls, the new Loscil (as well as the new Erykah Badu, which has a killer album cover. Hopefully Everest will get lost in there some day). Mr. Morgan signed it for me. Apparently he lives in my neighborhood.

Here is a link to a two minute interview with the photographer of Loscil's album cover. It's so cute, you simply must hear.

No comments: